Woodside Mikvah is now open for men’s use. Please see Phase II rules.
Erev Yom Kipur at the Woodside Mikvah
The Woodside Mikvah Organization (WMO) is pleased to announce the Woodside Mikvah will be open for men on Erev Yom Kippur, September 15. For this day, the mikvah will be open for all men, whether or not they are members of WMO.
Men who are members may use the mikvah free of charge. Men who are not members will be charged $20.00.
The following operating rules will apply on Erev Yom Kippur:
- Mikvah will be open for men’s usage from 10:00 AM to 3:45 PM. All users must leave before 4:00 PM. No exceptions.
- There will be a maximum limit of 3 users in the mikvah building at any one time. If more than 3 users wish to be in the building at one time, the later arrivals will be asked to wait outside until they can be accommodated. Please be considerate of others and minimize your time in the mikvah building.
- Men are to shower before coming to the mikvah, and are to bring their own towels. Men are not to use towels found in the mikvah building.
- Signs will clearly indicate which mikvah pool is to be used by men. Only the indicated pool is to be used.
- Men are to wear facial masks all the time that they are on mikvah property, except when actually in the water.
- Men are not to come to the mikvah if they are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms, or have a known exposure to someone with Covid-19 within the last 10 days. (Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about medical eligibility to use the mikvah.)
Please note that the door to the mikvah building will be locked; knock on the door to be admitted.
Following Yom Kippur, the WMO will return the previously announced Phase 2 Men’s Operations. The mikvah will be open Sunday through Friday, from 6:00 AM to 9:15 AM, only for men who are members in good standing of WMO, and who are registered for Men’s Operations. No guests are allowed.
The form for registering for men’s operations can be found here:
Longer hours are being considered for Friday. Please watch for further announcements.
The WMO wishes everyone a G’mar Chasimah Tovah and a Shanah Tovah.
|Women should call to set up an appointment and all preparations should be done at home before coming|
It’s important to practice simple everyday precautions
If you are sick or are in quarantine or have been recommended to self-quarantine, please do not come to the mikvah
If you have concerns, please consult with your Rav
The mission of the Woodside Mikvah Organization (WMO) is to provide a safe, sensitive, welcoming, and halachically approved mikvah for immersion to promote the mitzvah of family ritual purity (taharat mishpacha) and Jewish spirituality within the greater Washington, DC community.
Summer hours for women are 8:30-9:30 pm Sunday through Thursday by appointment only. Times for Friday night or motzei Shabbos vary by week. Please leave a message on 301-565-3737 or sign up email@example.com. Please call or e-mail at least 24 hours in advance. To reach us by e-mail, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Woodside Mikvah is now open for men’s use. Please see rules