The Woodside Mikvah is now open for men.
Men’s Operations: Phase 2
The WMO is pleased to announce the next step in further opening the Woodside mikvah for men’s use. Again, we want to thank the entire WMO membership, and all those who support the WMO, for your patience and your continued support while the mikvah was closed to men due to Covid-19 concerns.
Based on our success with Phase 1 of men’s operations, we are ready to move forward with the next phase. The changes in Phase 2 will be as follows:
- Mikvah will be open for men’s usage Sunday through Friday, from 6:00 AM to 9:15 AM. All users must leave before 9:15 AM.
- Men are to wear facial masks all the time that they are on mikvah property, except when actually in the water. (This change is consistent with Montgomery County guidance.)
The other operating rules of Phase 1 will continue into Phase 2, as follows:
- Mikvah will be open only for men who are members in good standing of WMO, and who are registered for Men’s Operations. No guests are allowed.
- Signs will clearly indicate which mikvah pool is to be used by men on any given day. Only the indicated pool is to be used.
- Men are to shower before coming to the mikvah, and are to bring their own towels. Men are not to use towels found in the mikvah building.
- All CDC, Maryland, and Montgomery County guidelines regarding Covid-19 will be followed. Men are not to come to the mikvah if they are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms, or have a known exposure within the last 10 days. (Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about medical eligibility to use the mikvah.)
The form for registering for men’s operations can be found here: https://forms.gle/8n4ec3Hu9f2fPryt6
Please note that if you have already submitted a registration form for Phase 1, a new registration form for Phase 2 is not needed.
Further changes are still planned. We will be replacing the combination lock on the front door, which will allow us to change the entry code more frequently. Please watch for the new entry code when this change is made. Women will receive the code when they make their appointments; men can contact email@example.com
The WMO will maintain its continuing commitment to the existing women’s operations, and to providing a safe, comfortable, and welcoming environment for all users. We greatly appreciate your support and cooperation.